|This posting will show you how, at zero cost, you can: |
1) Dropbox: Access your files on any computer - even with a poor connection:
Where should you keep shared files? - on your computer or online?
2) DjVu: Searchable text which is an exact image, with intact Greek & Hebrew:
How should you store things you've read? - as scanned images or typed text?
3) Zotero: Your automated librarian and bibliography/footnote creator
How should you record your bibliography? - as a strict database or free-form records?
4) LogMeIn: View and control your computer from any other computer :
How do you work at the office and at home? Carry a laptop or data stick with you, or work online?
5) GoogleDesktop: Index your whole life and find it again on any computer:
How do you search for your files? Keep them strictly organised or index them? Do BOTH of course, but now you can index your whole life with GoogleDesktop
Google Desktop indexes and searches documents, emails, calendar, viewed webpages etc